Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday

Not much to say, today.  149.6, flirting with 150.0 on the scale this morning (it could not make up its mind).  Here's yesterday:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • Godiva pearls
  • hot dogs
  • sliced tomatoes
  • raspberry/blueberry/nectarine crisp with almond crust (yum!) and heavy cream
  • walnuts
Slept like much of a log again last night, despite a dream in which I'd stolen a police car - it woke me up for a short time, around 4, I think.

The crisp used up the berries I'd picked up to yesterday - but I went out after dinner and picked nearly that many raspberries again.  They are wonderful, and really like the garden!  We are also doing well with the blueberries for a second season - I will continue to mulch them with pine needles, to keep the pH on the acidic side.  Strawberries, on the other hand, were a bust this year - the bearing plants were buried in raspberries and I didn't net them early enough, and the transplants are getting nicely established this year, but aren't bearing.  Ah, well.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment