Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday

Nothing day yesterday.  Not nearly enough to do at work, so I ate more chocolate than I might have otherwise.  Having the Lindt handy (initially spelled that "handty") was helpful, I think - one square of that seems to stop chocolate cravings cold, if I eat it slowly enough.

148.6 this morning, after a screaming leg-cramp somewhere in the middle of the night.  I remember getting out of bed very rapidly to stomp it out, and being asleep almost immediately after I laid back down.  Melatonin is good stuff.  I woke up for real for the first time at 5:25 am.  And, come to think of it, the night included a phone call at 9:52 pm, well after we'd given it up and turned the lights out - from a demon of a phone survey company that literally doesn't know when to stop (aren't there laws against late night commercial calls?).

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • chocolate - both Pearls and Lindt
  • chicken breast
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • more cheese
And then I stopped eating.  We watched swimming for a while and then switched over to track and field, mostly people doing the 5000M run on a quarter-mile track.  I like a good 5K, myself, but it's at least partly for the scenery.  I think the race ran 12-1/2 laps or something.  Surprised the boredom didn't kill off a few competitors, really.


Weekend coming up.  Not sure what we'll get done; I have some megalithic "wildflowers" to remove - they came in one of those packets of mixed seeds and are now taller than anyone in the family with mostly foliage and some fairly lame yellow flowers.  They'll be getting trimmed back or dug up this weekend at some point, I think.  That may be my only outdoor/exercise activity.  I hope not, but we seem to be kind of overcommitted, at least on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment