Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday

As of yesterday morning, I thought I was doing pretty well - and I ate well yesterday.  So, 'splain this to me: yesterday morning the scale said 148.2; this morning it says 149.4.  Sheesh.

I think the melatonin in the "PM" portion of the current menopause relief stuff is going to be a total confounder in my attempt to see if standing on one leg helps me sleep better.  As an example, I went to bed on Saturday (after a late night Friday working) at 8:30, was asleep well before 10, and didn't so much as have a fleeting semi-conscious thought until 6 on Sunday.  I cannot recall the last time I slept like that without taking something with Benadryl in it.  It was lovely.  Last night was similar, although I woke at 3:30ish briefly because I'd turned on the mattress pad at some point and got too hot.  Turned it off, turned on something on my iPod, rolled over, and knew nothing until 5:20, just before the alarm went off.  So the question becomes, am I going to continue standing on one leg twice a day?  I don't know.  I have the reminders in my work calendar for another week or so - guess I'll see what I feel like doing once the next one goes off.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • lotsa bacon (we ate out)
  • sliced tomatoes
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • chocolate almonds
  • wine (ultiimately, 3 glasses)
  • a little more cheese
  • a couple small handfuls of mixed nuts - cashews, almonds, hazelnuts
  • ham
  • fruit salad (grapes, blackberries, banana slices, strawberry bits)
  • baked beans (not many - they had a very sweet sauce)
  • the ice cream and frosting from an ice-cream cake
I feel like I had more in mid-day, but I cannot for the life of me recall what it might have been - maybe just multiple slices of cheese, truthfully.  Friday and Saturday we had Mexican for dinner, although at least on Saturday, I had fajitas - slight improvement over Friday's enchiladas.  Both nights, I partook of the chips and salsa.

Probably taco salad or burger patties tonight for dinner, depending on what we feel like when it comes to cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment