Anyway, I did a fairly longish walk on Saturday morning - went with Lee to the golf course, ate breakfast, and then walked home along a parks-and-rec trail between the two. It's the same walk Elizabeth and I did about 3 weeks ago, only the other direction, so I think it was 4 miles and a bit. Perfect morning for it, too. Had a bit more of the "catch" sensation in my left ankle that bugged me during the Bolder Boulder, but later in the walk - and I cannot figure out what is causing it. Exaggerated ankle movements on both sides seems to make it stop.
Not sure I can come up with yesterday's eating, but here's an attempt:
- scrambled eggs
- tea with cream
- no supplements (except Estroven in the afternoon when I realized I'd been overheated and sweaty about 3/4 of the morning)
- two hot dogs with mustard (no bun, obviously)
- about 4 tortilla chips with salsa
- salted almonds
- chocolate almonds
- steak-and-wedge salad with blue cheese dressing
- iced tea
- one sugarless dark chocolate truffle (found them at Costco, on a limited availability; they use maltitol and are not bad at all)
- tiny cup of Haagen-Dasz vanilla (the usual size we get, whatever that is - 1/2 cup?)
Tonight's dinner is braised short ribs with peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms, and mashed cheesy cauliflower - we meant to have it last night, but I didn't get it started in the crock pot until 10 am, so at dinner time, the meat was still solid like a thick woody branch. So we'll reheat it for dinner tonight.