Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday

Wrested a micron more control over myself yesterday.  Not perfect, but trending correctly.  I realized en route to work this morning that I've been eating unhealthy of late - not a good balance of stuff, but an emphasis on 3 or 4 items alone.  That can and will be fixed, starting at dinner tonight.

Still at 150.0 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • bloody dark chocolate M&Ms - but fewer than a vending bag would have contained, I think
  • beef jerky
  • spare ribs braised in bone broth, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a bit of soy sauce and molasses - good stuff!
  • mashed cheesy cauliflower
  • sliced tomatoes
  • walnuts
  • a bit of dark chocolate
I did get outside after dinner, but not for long.  The wind kicked up almost immediately, which made my mission - getting some netting around the strawberries, since they're disappearing rapidly - rather difficult.  Still, I think I managed it.  Had a magpie sitting on the fence nearby watching the proceedings - very unafraid of humans, as he let me get about a foot away before walking calmly to a slightly more distant point on the fence.  We chatted - or rather, I explained to him what I was doing as I was doing it. In all likelihood, he was watching to see how to get back into the strawberries after I finished my work, but it was nice to have that close of an encounter with wildlife.  After that, I more-or-less managed to keep my hands busy while reading, and will continue with that.  Although we really do have enough dish-drying towels, so what I move to once this is finished is beyond me.

Fasting this morning - planning on keeping it up until dinner.  I need to do a reset.  My plan for dinner is the tuna salad I've been planning for several weeks, now.  I hope Elizabeth is okay with that plan, since she and I are the only eaters tonight, Lee being at a meeting until later.  Think I'll try for a walk tonight, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment