Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday

Reasonably sane day yesterday; increased sleep is helping, and the cold weather is helping provide increased sleep. That said, we went for a walk after work yesterday, and it was freezing out - I think the thermometer said 43, but it nipped at the nose, and the gloves I had on did nothing to insulate my fingertips. We did a pretty brisk pace for much of it, but slowed down on the home stretch to bring the average to 17:04 for a mile and a half.

Eating was pretty good - went like this:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • 2 string cheese
  • about 5 slices of salami
  • an apple
  • 2 macadamia nuts
  • chicken tortilla soup with "carnitas" added in - a fake Mexican Gumbo - and shredded cheddar
  • More of that apple tart (we finished it off)
  • about 1/2 cup of cashews
If I could just stop with that final snack thing! I was feeling quite satisfied and unhungry, but still felt snacky around 8:30 last night. At least I managed not to bring out the entire container of them.

153.6 this morning, so I'm starting to shed whatever was bugging me last week. Thank heavens. The plan (mine, anyway) is to walk pretty much every night this week (okay, probably not on Friday), weather notwithstanding - so I'm glad to see a sunny day that is supposed to be warmer than yesterday!

For the record, ketones were negative yesterday and I slept pretty well - woke up at 1:45 absolutely freezing, so I put the mattress pad back on and pulled the covers up over my head for a while - was back asleep nearly instantly once I got warm, and didn't stir until 5:26. I will so take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment