Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday

Just like clockwork, the weekend ends, and it's Monday again. I guess that's the whole point of clockwork, to show time passing. 151.2 this morning; 152.something all weekend, and I'm a bit surprised to be down, truly, given that, for me, at least, yesterday was a sugar binge. Here's how it went:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon (3 pieces)
  • an apple
  • gruyere cheese
  • "wedge" salad with tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, and another 2 pieces of bacon
  • 5 salted chocolate almonds
  • a bunch of cashews
  • ultimately, 3 dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  • about 1/4 pound deli roast beef
  • 2 string cheese things
  • a small handful of cherry tomatoes
  • about 5 pieces of chocolate coconut candy
I think that was it. What I really wanted was a cookie, and obviously, that's not something we keep around our house, so I ate a lot of sweet stuff to make the want go away. It didn't really work, but eventually the day ended, and I don't much want one this morning. Eggs and bacon for breakfast today and string cheese for whenever I get hungry.

The weekend wasn't a great de-stresser for me; we didn't get out for a walk at all, and sleep was weird all 3 nights - either so deep that it nearly hurt punctuated by being awake once an hour, or so full of dreams that it was just chaos. Last night was the latter. I could not tell you anything about any of the dreams, other than that they were constant and frenetic in nature. Blecch. And while I'm not having hot flashes, exactly, I was too hot a lot - in a room that was probably 55 degrees. 

Trying for a walk tonight - either outside, weather permitting, or at the gym if it's rainy again. I hope that will help with the sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment