Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday

Did I say that I wasn't very stove up yesterday? Nor I was. Today, however - or last night, truly - is a different story. My shins and my hips are, well, tolerably painful, if that's a thing - they're not killing me, but they did a very thorough job of keeping me awake overnight. I know I was awake at 2:00; I had been awake before that, but not constantly. I was asleep when the alarm went off, but had been awake at 5:00, a half-hour before. Prior to 2:00, I'd had cramps on the tops of both feet - between toes on both sides (4 cramps in all, 2 per foot) - simultaneously, and they were painful enough to disrupt my sleep but not enough to wake me up completely. Suffice it to say that I'm pretty exhausted this morning. I did manage to collect enough of my wits to get up at 3:20 to get a piece of cheese and some aspirin; that may be what helped me to fall asleep finally - an hour and a half later. Ugh.

152.2 this morning. Eating yesterday went like this:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • minimal supplements (multi, magnesium, vitamin D3)
  • a Jimmy John's unwich with turkey, bacon, and cheese
  • several cheese cubes
  • a strawberry and a segment of pineapple
  • a couple of nuts
  • a meatball (maybe 2)
  • a glass of Chardonnay
  • chips and salsa
  • a cheese enchilada with green chile
  • 3 dark chocolate peanut butter cups
We attended a cocktail party from 5:30 to 7:00, then went out for dinner (which I didn't really want, being exhausted and just wanting to go home). My hopes a couple of weeks ago of getting a handle on my stress levels have not panned out too well this week; that's 2 nights in a row where the workday blended into after-work crap that just never ended. Oh, and last night, after I got home, we had work - a deployment. 

Weather today is rainy, but I think, if I see a break in it, I may go grab a walk. I think it's supposed to clear up a bit this afternoon. I have to take care of myself; it's just too important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment