Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday

151.4 this morning; given my eating yesterday, I got off easy. Here's how it went:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon (2)
  • 2 pieces of string cheese
  • a bag of M&Ms
  • a naked burrito (Qdoba) with chicken, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole
  • 1 piece of gruyere
  • about 5 almond-flour chocolate chip cookies
I think that was it. I decided last night, after a day spent resisting a cookie craving (day 2 of that), and succumbing to the "anything chocolate" alternative craving, that maybe I should just make some. So I used the Primal Palate recipe (almond flour, maple syrup, eggs, butter, chocolate chips) but used a 90% cacao bar and a 70% cacao bar, chopped up, for the chips. They are less sweet than when made with Nestle's Toll House chips for sure, but good - although maybe eating 5 of them last night was a bit over the top. Still, a scant half-cup of maple syrup split over 45 cookies can't be too bad. I figure it's a way to cope with what appears to be a fresh bout of hormone swings.

Happy to say that I slept well last night - heaven knows I needed it! I fell asleep multiple times during the evening (before going to bed), I think, at least once or twice while in bed watching for the weather report (never heard it), and woke for the first time really at 4:30. Having dreamt that I was amputating a guy's leg with a saw. Weird, I know - especially as he didn't appear really to need an amputation. It wasn't a disturbing dream, per se - not a nightmare, anyway, although it did wake me up.

We did not walk yesterday. We were both exhausted. Life really isn't tough these days, so we should be coping better, but we're not. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment