Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday

Bad week. Awful week. I'm overreacting to minor stresses, snapping at perfectly reasonable requests, eating crap, failing to sleep, gaining weight. 155.something today - the scale is all psycho to boot, so when I bent down to look at the details, it faded out and started flickering. Perfectly justified; yesterday was a complete carb-fest. Apart from a little cheese in the morning and a Jimmy John's unwich, my diet consisted of Mexican food and candy. We did manage a walk, and ended up going to bed before 8. Probably a good thing, too, as temperature fluctuations woke me up good and hard at 11:40, and I didn't get back to sleep until around 2:00. I think that works out to around 6 hours' sleep. 

I need to research what life is like post-menopause. I hope it calms down a bit, because this just sucks. The sort of existence that makes a massive solar flare wiping out life on earth seem like an enticing prospect. Given the utter lack of real hardship, I'd have to say it's a good thing I don't have a hard life or any real problems - I'm poorly suited to handle them, obviously.

I hope I get good sleep this weekend, and that next week is better. I think I might need to spend a lot of time outdoors this weekend, see if that helps at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment