Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday

Wretched weekend; got to last night and it just felt like we hadn't had one. Which wasn't true, but I'd spent Saturday feeling poorly - migraine, I think - so we really only had Sunday, and it felt like there should have been another day after it.

And then I went to bed and pretty much failed to sleep all night - instead, I played the "wrong temperature" game for hours. I know for sure I was awake at 10, 1:15, during the 2-3 hour off and on, pretty much all of 3-4, and finally fell asleep sometime before 5. And woke up after 5 but before the alarm went off. I'm surprisingly un-tired this morning, though. Hope it lasts well enough for me to get home tonight.

I ate a lot of carbs over the weekend - including an entire Domino's gluten-free pizza, several handfuls of potato chips, and more candy than I should have. I'm struggling hard to get control of things right now, and mostly failing. 153.4 this morning, if the scale was accurate (it appears to be low-battery and acting up this morning, so I'm suspicious it's wrong - probably too low). Quite discouraging.

In the course of trying to sleep last night, I succumbed to the lure of live radio. I don't think it's a good idea, and I shouldn't have done it. I don't know if using an OTR playlist would have worked better - the problem is that menopause was waking me up, not audio stimulus. But maybe I would have been more asleep without the audio and might have slept through the heat waves.

I hate this. I want to enjoy being warm, but I'm stuck with 2 options - freezing to death or sweating. There's no middle ground anymore. And I keep thinking it's done, that I can start living normally again, and then it returns. I will grant that this bout is less severe, but it's still severe enough to mess with my sleep.

For this week, I think the focus needs to be on eating healthy things and getting walks, and trying to get my sleep under control. Maybe then I can focus on the weight thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment