Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday

Really nice weekend. Warm, sunny, no storms (hardly any clouds), and I got a lot of stuff done in the garden and life in general. Also spent about a half-hour sunbathing both days. Something interesting about that - in the past, doing something like that (at mid-day, no less) would have left me sunburned. Now? Nothing. A little tanned, but no inflammation, no redness, no burn. Very cool.

Eating went pretty well - but we had family over for dinner Friday and I definitely ate carbs. However, I was at 151.0 yesterday (the scale is starting to get a bit flaky, but that was the best of 4 tries (meaning I got it twice, not that it was the lowest), and at 151.4 today. I'm really starting to think that, for me, the key to maintaining a lower weight is all about breakfast. It seems to keep me from snacking at night, and mostly keeps me from running off for Skittles or something equally nasty during the day. Interesting. Here's yesterday as I recall it (did not log):
  • tea with cream
  • 3-egg omelet with ham, cheese, tomatoes
  • cheese (I think 3 or 4 pieces)
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 4 salted dark chocolate almonds
  • 3 Junior Mints
  • taco salad with sour cream, cheese, green taco sauce, 1/2 pound beef
  • about 1/3 cup Cherry Garcia ice cream (leftover from Friday)
Wow, it seems like I ate more than that yesterday, so take that as a first draft; it may have been more.

No real exercise yesterday, but I gardened and walked to dinner on Saturday (chicken shawarma Greek salad at the Syrian cafe) and back (obviously). Sleep all 3 nights was awful - overheated because we forgot to turn on the whole-house fan at night 2 nights, and had cramping of my calves Friday to boot; last night was dog-on-bed sleep and I had somewhere around 2-1/2 hours of mostly-awake time between 1:30 and 4:00. I have had a RedBull this morning - they keep the motor ticking over, although when I get more, they will be the "zero" ones, rather than the "sugar free" ones - those 3 grams of carbs are not necessary.

Guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment