Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday

Overshot my mark on protein and carbs yesterday, so probably veered well out of a reasonable level of ketosis.  155.4 this morning, down from yesterday.  My calves are fasciculating this morning, but weren't doing any cramping last night. Sleep was better than the night before, which isn't saying much, but I think it had nothing to do with diet. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • almond-tapioca flour blueberry scone
  • 2 slices of bacon
  • 12 olives
  • 4 oz deli roast beef
  • 1 slice swiss cheese
  • 2 stuffed bell peppers, no rice, with cheese on top
  • another tea with cream (to add fat to the day)
That was it. So I have suspended the evening honey until I get a better grip on the VLC thing and am staying well under the 50 g carbs.  Yesterday played out like this:
  • 129 g fat (61%)
  • 52 g carbs (11%)
  • 135 g protein (28%)
So not as good ratios; I was surprised at the protein levels, but dinner alone was 72 grams.

No significant exercise yesterday; we'd planned to walk until lightning started up. Bloody nuisance. Ketosis at bedtime was negative. I don't know if that meant I was using everything up and had none to excrete, or if I'd messed it all up by too much carbs and protein for the day. I did have what I think of as ketone-breath yesterday afternoon - a sort of taste in my mouth of artificial sweeteners, when I'd had nothing sweet to eat.

I know it's not practical to keep records at this level of detail for long, but at the moment, it seems to be helping, so I will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment