Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday

After reading The Art and Science of Low-Carb Living over the weekend, I decided to get some data and try to figure out the sweet spot for me with regards to carb tolerance and weight loss. For the moment, I'm using LoseIt to track everything. So, here's yesterday in details:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • 1 almond/tapioca flour blueberry scone
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • 10 olives
  • 1 slice Colby cheese
  • 1/4 pound deli roast beef
  • 2 brats
  • a cup or so of sauerkraut
  • 3 pieces of cheddar
  • 2 tiny strawberries from the garden
That was it. It rang in at:
  • 131 g fat (71%)
  • 31 g carbs (7%)
  • 93 g protein (22%)
and around 1500 calories. I measured between Small and Medium urine ketones at bedtime, and with a similar intake today, hope to see it actually hit Medium. The book says urine ketones are deceptive, but Jimmy Moore's tracking seemed to indicate that the sticks are accurate enough. I will also be watching for ketone breath - my mouth starts tasting interesting when I'm in a groove. The percentages above are pretty much my target for the week, although I would like to see the protein up just a tad - I'm shooting for 100 g per day.

So, all that said, I gained weight overnight. And my ankles are very un-swollen, so it's not foot-water-retention, at least.

Sleep last night was dodgy - woke around 2 am and had a hard time getting back to sleep - but did manage it before 4 am, I'm pretty sure.

Finally, we got a walk in after dinner. Plan on doing more of that this week, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment