Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday

There's something to this "stay busy and don't veg out with snacks" approach, I think.  Back down to 141.8 today.  And that after an evening spent watching Triple-D with pecans and cheese spread.  I'm pretty sure that the cheese spread is not paleo - we've had it quite a while in the fridge, and it looks the same way it did over a month ago.  That degree of preservation?  It's not natural.  It is, however, low carb.

Dinner was the meatballs in spaghetti sauce.  I am very impressed with the way a potato starch panade keeps the meat moist; we had to nuke them for nearly 10 minutes to get the sauce heated up from frozen (I just dumped out a mostly-frozen ziploc on top of the meatballs).  They were absolutely fine - not hard, not even a little overcooked. 

Today I am eating lunch out of lunch trucks - they gather in downtown Denver every so often for an official event, and a friend and I are going.  Not sure what it will end up being, but I'm sure some of them sell meat in some form.  Dinner either steaks (if they're thawed) or pepperoni-based mini pizza things. 

We netted the blueberry bush last night - an effort to get a few of them in a ripe state.  Of the two bushes, one is completely stripped; the other, being closer to the patio, still has quite a few, but they were starting to dwindle a bit.  The berries we have so far are a green overcast with pale blue - pretty, but not yet edible.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be good.  At least now, we'll be able to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment