Thursday, June 2, 2011

And, Thursday (right?)

We had grilled pork tenderloin and salad for dinner last night - the two of us ate the whole tenderloin, something we don't usually do.  It was good - and I improvised a sauce for it that I will do again - dijon mustard (probably about 1 Tbsp), white wine vinegar (maybe 1-2 tsp) and about 2 tsp of maple syrup.  Not too sweet, not too "honey-mustard"-y, and worked well with the pork.  And we had some wine - a very domestic Chardonnay (from in the state).  I also ate some spicy pickled green beans that we picked up last year at the olive oil place near Phoenix.  They're great, but quite spicy.  I had some dark chocolate after that, and eventually two pieces of gruyere, but I think that was it.

145.0 this morning, and much less achy.  So my foray into the almonds wasn't too damaging.  Later yesterday afternoon I looked up walnuts, and they're much better - a 4:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega 3.  I thought I'd read somewhere that they were the least awful of the nuts, but had seen others claiming that almonds were better.  Now I have the facts, and I will act accordingly.  But I'm still avoiding nuts as much as possible the rest of the week.

Eggs, bacon, and turkey sausage this morning - more meat because we had 3 eggs between the two of us (Costco run tonight, check).  If I get hungry today, I'm going for the beef jerky I have stashed - not the turkey.  And I think we're having salad with flank steak in it for dinner - either that, or eating out somewhere between errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment