Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday

Easy fast yesterday - surprising, since it was a no-meetings day and that meant a day rife with potential boredom.  Not sure what it was I did to forestall boredom-hunger, unfortunately, since I would like to use it again.  Ah, well.  Went home and broke my fast with wine.  Big mistake.  I was fairly tipsy for the next hour or so - and trying to do embroidery with eyes that, due to alcohol and a day spent staring at my computer, would NOT focus. 

Dinner was burger patties with bacon and green chile (an amazing combination of flavor that I should have realized would work - we go out for pork green chile-smothered food all the time) and a salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.  And the wine.  And some dark chocolate-covered dried fruit - blueberries and cherries.  Yum.  I think I grabbed a couple of hunks of aged gouda later in the evening since that didn't seem like enough food for one day, but it was satisfying.

The fast knocked off just under a pound and a half - well, either it, or a hormonal event.  Seriously?  I spent six weeks having hot flashes from hell; I thought that meant I was done with this silliness.  But apparently not.  Fine, whatever.  And I'm down to 145.8 this morning.  But oh, how I hope that this doesn't mean I get to have more hot flashes...

We used up much of the spinach from the garden for breakfast today - had ground beef, spinach, and eggs scrambled together.  I don't know how many eggs were involved, but we shared a half-pound of (grassfed!) beef and each had full bowls of the mixture.  I should be good for the entire day on that.  But I brought a cheese snack to work with me, because I have a 3-hour meeting slated for this afternoon, with the people who always bring candy for sustenance.  In another building, worse yet, so I can't show up with a cup of tea to keep me going.  I won't eat the candy, obviously (well, maybe that's not so obvious, given my trail-mix weekend), but it's just going to suck.

Bratwurst and salad for dinner tonight, I think.  Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment