Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday

Just to note - the likelihood that Monday's entry will include today's food is a bit thin.  That said, here's yesterday:
  • No breakfast
  • tea with cream
  • a cheese snack
  • 7-8 pepperoni pizza thingies (pepperoni, mozzarella, spaghetti sauce, bell peppers, mushrooms)
  • tomato slices
  • a glass of wine
  • two chocolate almonds
  • about 7 strawberries with cream
  • tea with cream
  • two chocolate cherries
And we're back to 142.2 this morning, despite going to bed with swollen feet.  My stomach did settle down, finally, and I was hungry around 10, but held off eating my cheese snack until after my mile stroll, so it was around noon.  Ended up with a 15-hour fast, give or take a bit.

The strawberries last night were amazing - very ripe, very sweet - I practically licked the cream from the bowl.  So much better than storebought.  Having said that, I now must confess that I will be buying a jumbo box of strawberries at Costco on our next run - to dry for snacks mostly later in the year.  Dried strawberries are amazingly good, and the smell in the house while they're drying is intoxicating.  I did a batch a few weeks ago, but I want more this year; we ate through last year's supply very quickly.

Dried fruit is probably not "paleo", because it allows one to eat non-seasonally.  But I've given up cookies and pies, mostly, so this seems like a reasonable compromise.

Don't know what the weekend holds.  I have a fairly meaty list of "to do" items, so I think we will be able to avoid the sit-still-and-snack periods for the most part.  And I will do my best to avoid the non-walnut nuts.  I tend to think, looking at yesterday's eating, that the foot swelling had to do with the giant pecan nosh the day before, assuming that it was somewhat inflammatory.  No proof, of course - just what it seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment