Friday, June 24, 2011

Another walk

Got another walk in today - same route as yesterday.  Apart from getting my blood moving and working out a few kinks from sitting for a living, it's nice to be out in the sun for a brief period each day.  Fifteen minutes, right at noon.  If I were naked, I'd get my 10,000 IU of Vitamin D during that walk, nearly.  On the other hand, I probably wouldn't get in my walk.  Well, my arms got some sun, and my face, maybe my ankles a bit. 

I read not long ago about some speculation that nearsightedness is related to spending too much time indoors as a kid.  I certainly did that - and I'm nearsighted.  And my eyes are gently getting worse each year, which is a bummer after doing LASIK 11 years ago.  Maybe a walk at lunch isn't enough to fix anything - especially with nearly 50-year old eyes.  But it can't hurt.  I'm still wearing sunglasses so far, but I'm working on weaning myself off them.

As for my feet - I can't claim that they're shorter yet, but my work shoes fit differently after I got back from my walk.  I do think my insteps were higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment