Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cool!

Finally got out on the street in the moccasins; life does get in the way sometimes.  I was anticipating that I already would have adjusted to barefoot walking since so many of my shoes are very flat-soled.  Not so much, it turns out.  I was much more aware of the force of my heel strikes than I expected, and it took about a block to feel comfortable walking at my normal speed.  The moccasins also felt much more "barefoot" than I expected - and I'm wearing fairly minimalist (or so I thought) shoes today. 

I did a circle of a couple of city blocks - maybe about a half-mile.  They work!  And I say that even after stubbing my toe on an uneven bit of sidewalk.

I do have to admit that the inspiration was this: http://huntgatherlove.com/content/incredible-shrinking-feet.  I wear size 10-1/2 shoes right now - the size that mostly doesn't exist.  I would love to have my feet shrink a bit due to strengthened arches.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment