Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday

And boy, would I hate to be wrong about the weekday today.  It's been a long week.  But good.

Got about 10 strawberries out of the garden yesterday, all ripe and red to the core.  They're so very different from the ones that live in plastic clamshells at Costco.  I sliced them up and ate them with cream, after giving one very small slice to one of our dogs, who is likewise addicted to them.  Gotta share, after all.  They were ambrosial. 

They were also sweet.  Which triggered a bit of binge eating; always seems to.  If my theory about eating fruit in season to fatten up for the lean months is true, that reaction would fit - when encountering food full of fattening-up fuel, eat until you explode.  But I mostly controlled myself last night - had a few more chocolate cherries just before bed, and made do in the interim with salami and swiss cheese.  No nuts.  (Costco chicken and salad for dinner).

143.2 this morning - delayed loss from the fast, I'd guess.  Glad to see it again.  And I am DETERMINED to avoid crap-snacking this weekend, somehow.  Lee's golfing in the very early am tomorrow (6:30 tee time - ugh!), and I am going to sew, to keep busy.  After he's done, who knows - but it's the time by myself that is usually my big downfall. 

I didn't get my walk in yesterday - work provided a fascinating mental puzzle to solve, right around 11 am, and before I knew it, it was nearly time to leave.  I will try to do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment