Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday

Wow - already?  Kidding, I think; this has been a week that is taking longer than necessary to wind down.

Got in a one-mile walk yesterday, in something around 15 minutes including stop lights - it was downtown, after all.  Not bad, and my feet did not cramp up at night at all, which I appreciate.  Nonetheless, I went out yesterday to Hobby Lobby and bought a kit to make moccasins, came home, and made them.  They're not Vibram Fives, obviously, but they are very minimalist - some thin flexible leather with about 1/4" of foam attached as an insole.  I'm going to try them out today.  I figure that, for $20, I can decide whether or not I'm really into the pseudo-barefoot thing, and if I'm not, I haven't invested much.  And if I am, they'll probably last for a while, and may work well enough that I never move to something more pricey.  And they'll preserve my work shoes a bit - I don't think they're much appreciating the wear and tear of city streets.

Fasted right up until dinner yesterday; I was a bit hungry mid-morning but ignored it and it went away.  It had no effect whatsoever on my walk at noon.  Dinner was taco salads - we split a pound of meat between the two of us, so it was pretty satisfying.  Followed it with - guess! - chocolate, walnuts, and cheese.  I'm down to 144.4 again this morning and mean to keep the momentum going in that direction.  I could have fasted again this morning, I think, but we went ahead and ate - scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.

Sleep has been really good lately - cycling very closely with the outdoor light levels.  It's just dark around here at about 9:00 or a little later, and the sun is apparent around 4:00; I'm falling asleep pretty close to 10:00 and waking between 4:30 and 5:30 with pretty good energy (though not a lot of desire to get up and go to work, I must admit).  Anyway, I'm not doing the second sleep thing at the moment, which is just fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment