Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31st

August may well have been the longest month on record - at least, it sure seemed like it.  Whatever the length, I lost about 6 pounds in August, and that's not so bad.  Down to 156.0 this morning - fingers still puffy, but most of the monthly water gain is on its way out.  I did not have wine or any starches yesterday, and found myself launching out of bed twice last night - always the left leg.  But since we were dealing all night with a sick dog, the leg cramps were reduced to background noise, basically.  Whatever the reason, I'm (dare I say it?) dog tired this morning.

A kind of funny thing happened today.  I think I mentioned last week about my Monday night spent failing to find any business attire that fit for a meeting on Tuesday.  This morning, Lee needed to wear a suit - or at least a jacket and tie - for a meeting at work.  Navy blue suit pants - too big.  Gray suit pants - might fit, but he hadn't recognized them on return from being altered and took them back, thinking they weren't his (oops).  He's basically in the same spot I was, although he still wants to lose a fair amount of weight before declaring victory.

I started work on my third skirt yesterday.  With the pattern ease, the size I bought may end up being a bit roomy.  I will have to try it on before attaching the waistband this time - and I'm doing the lining a bit differently - I'll put it on with hand-stitching after the waistband is on.  I think that will be a bit more flexible if I have to do any other alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment