Friday, August 20, 2010

August 20th

Well, that seems to have worked.  The heavy cream added to the diet being an assist to keeping things moving along, so to speak.  I'm having it twice a day - once at breakfast and once at night; the taste is beyond amazing and I can understand the recommendation to drink it mixed with seltzer water now - that would probably be really good as a cold drink.  But there's enough Englishman in my heritage that I tend to drink hot tea in 3-digit temperatures, so I don't need it cold just now.  May try it sometime.

Back into our routine - eggs-and-turkey-bacon for breakfast, no lunch (for me, usually), meat-and-plants for dinner, maybe a square of dark chocolate after.  I'm down to 159.0 this morning (maybe down more now...) which is good.  Still carrying a lot of water, though - fingers and ankles continue to be swollen and stiff.  So this morning, I doubled up on the fish oil as an anti-inflammatory; see if that will help.

Anyway, I'm not stressing about the weight being a stall at this point - and again, I think that's because I hit my original goal and am fitting into non-fat clothing (as opposed to eating non-fat foods LOL).  I'm starting to plan out wardrobe updates for fall, and probably even doing some sewing, a hobby that I used to love and that was increasingly frustrating of late as I produced things that looked quite amazingly horrible on me.  So maybe mentally, I'm transitioning from the "focus on weight loss" mindset to more of a "yeah, whatever, I'm thin" mindset, which is more of a maintenance thing.  I think I'll continue to lose, probably slower than I have been, and gradually settle somewhere between 160 and 140, whatever my genetic weight is meant to be.  No real temptation to go back to eating flour and sugar, either - but I've done so much reading about them that they seem, if not poisonous, at least vaguely sinister to me.  I can anticipate occasional desserts and holiday treats - but only occasional.  I have 2 boxes of strawberries in the fridge and will eat some and dry some - they make lovely good snacks dried - and they're crunchy, something this way of eating does lack.

I do mean to get back to weight training one of these days.  Because I would like to improve my strength some - and maybe make my visible muscles even more visible. They are SO fun to watch in the mirror - my forearms ripple as I'm drying my hair or brushing my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment