Thursday, August 19, 2010

Add a little heavy cream, and stir

159.6 this morning; the water started coming off just before midnight.  It's not all gone - my fingers are still puffy and so are my ankles - but it's definitely water, and it will go.

I started adding a bit more fat to the old diet last night, with a pint of organic, heavy whipping cream (only organic because it had the least number of non-cream ingredients - what's up with that, anyway?  all I want is the cream and they want to give me milk solids, polysorbate-80, and carrageenan).  Had some in my tea last night and again this morning.  First impression - a deep buttery yellow coming out of the carton - possibly more yellow than the butter sold at Costco.  Second impression - seriously delicious.  While I won't drink all my tea this way (after all, it makes for cups that have to be washed after a couple of uses), I will definitely keep drinking cream in some of it.

Hopefully, the added fat will also help with the end of the digestive cycle (I'm trying to put this delicately, here).  Not that it's been a real problem, but at the moment, I would like things to go a bit more smoothly.

I'm also thinking of trying it - unwhipped - on some cut up strawberries.  I have a feeling that the vanilla and sugar have been just getting in the way, in times past.

No comments:

Post a Comment