Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24th

Well, that was a bit of a shock.  I needed to wear "business attire" for a meeting today, so last night I went to try on a suit I'd bought about 4 years ago - size 14.  Looked like a bag - too big in so many ways it was actually amusing.  So I tried on a silk dress from before then - I thought it was a 14 but it was a 16.  Also huge and weird looking.  After a few more trials, I ended up with about a $600 pile of donations to the Disabled Vets and 2 dresses that fit the category and still mostly fit.  One is the funeral black dress, which fit in June (about 16 pounds ago) - I didn't try it on but am hoping for the best.  The other is a dress I bought about 7-8 years ago that fit a little on the tight side then.  It's okay now, but on the brink of being too big.  That's what I'm wearing today.  It's extremely comfortable, I must say (snort).

Still at 157.  Think I'm retaining cyclical water right now.  Had an ankle cramp last night but otherwise copacetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment