Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh, gosh

So we get ourselves on a sane way of eating that, for me at least, has sorted out any number of physical complaints and/or ills, and we have that in stasis.  And what happens?  I get a heartfelt e-mail solicitation from a family member trying to set up yet another MLM business, who wants my extended family to buy bottles of a wonderful new supplement by the caseload (undoubtedly on some sort of monthly subscription plan).  I went to the site for the product and took a look.  And what is it, this miracle substance?

Salt Water. 

Seriously.  The ingredients are Distilled Water and Sodium Chloride.  I hardly know what to say.  Just as I think I've got the cramps under control, I'm being besought (it was a pretty fervent e-mail) to increase my sodium levels, which, with the ZC/VLC character of my regular diet, will likely remove every atom of Potassium from my body every night.  I am just not up for the tarantella any more.  So I said "no, thanks," but I wonder if sending her a copy of GCBC would make any difference in her life?

You know, from everything I've ever heard, placebos have always been sugar pills.  This is a new approach, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment