Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25th

Well, I guess it was worth it.  I had my ankle cramp up at 11:30 last night, then my calf went off a couple times in the 3 am neighborhood, so I had broken sleep.  But I got up this morning and weighed myself, and it said 155.8, which is 1.2 pounds down from yesterday.  I was surprised, to say the least.  The calf cramps were less intense than they've been for a while, which is maybe (!) a sign of adaptation on my part - at least, I would like to think so.  My body fat % is down to 26.9, which is also fairly mind-blowing.  But it's still projecting that 20% will be at about 143 pounds (that's just 12.8 pounds less than I weigh now - gaah!).

For what it's worth - and maybe hard to believe given my excitement at 155.8 - I would have been okay this morning if it had still said 157.  I'm getting a better bead on my mental attitude, and I think it's a sort of confidence that this way of eating will get me to my genetically-programmed proper weight, and that getting there will happen at its own pace.  So, while I'm still being pretty careful with my eating and saving the boluses (boli?) of carbs for special occasions - and even then, keeping the bolus small - I'm not getting hung up on the slower progress.

Just cool.  Totally cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment