Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16th

Back from Arizona.  Weirdly enough, the hotel we were in for 2 nights actually had a scale in the bathroom, which I liked very much, at the same time I didn't believe it one bit.  On Saturday morning, it had me at 156.4, and on Sunday at 157.6.  Granted, I didn't eat anything on Friday but a bag of potato chips and some mixed nuts (and had no leg cramps that night, for what that's worth), but I don't honestly think the effect was that profound.  We'll see in the morning.  I did pretty well - as usual, I had a hard time eating obvious carbs, although I'm quite sure I was up a bit what with restaurants and all.  And Sunday morning I did have a Naked Juice serving (that's half a bottle) at a place we went that didn't serve tea.  Something like 29 grams of carbohydrate, mostly sugars, in that half-bottle.  Yikes.  

Drank a lot of water all weekend - to counteract the effects of moving furniture into a second-floor apartment in 110 degree heat.  I only had one lower leg-cramp incident, and that was around 5 this morning when I stretched injudiciously - and it was my ankle, not my calf.  My right hamstrings (I think; could have been an IT band thing) went a bit wonky on Saturday night, but in their defense, that was the day with most of the vertical climbs.  So hard to say if it was to do with potassium.  In any event, I was allowed to sleep pretty well, despite staying fairly low-carb all weekend - or not going much beyond the usual parameters.

Today I ate breakfast only.  It was an omelette called "The Bird" at the Breakfast Club in Scottsdale, and it was bigger than my head, stuffed with turkey, mushrooms, avocados, and boursin.  And a side of bacon.  I got about 3/5 of the way through the omelette before crying "uncle".  But I didn't want lunch at all, and only wanted some cheese and dried strawberries this evening.  

No telling what tomorrow will bring - after all, that was a different scale, and they don't all read the same.  Good weekend, though - on all fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment