Friday, August 27, 2010

A night's sleep is a wonderful thing

So yesterday, I had a bag of potato chips from a vending machine, and ate two crispy chile rellenos as well as chips and salsa for dinner.  Took an Advil PM, and knew nothing until 4:30 am.  Granted, I'm carrying a bit over a pound of water this morning - weight's at 156.6 - but I needed the rest.  I don't think carb-loading is a viable long-term solution for the leg cramps, since it was carb-loading that got me to 191.4 pounds back in April, so I will be looking at other approaches over the next few days as I go back to eating normally.  Maybe a glass of wine with dinner will help.  Actually, that would just be an excuse to try out some new wine glasses we got from a friend with contacts - restaurant quality Riedels that can be put in the dishwasher and are reasonably priced.  But the wine may also help keep me from going into hard ketosis at 11:30 each night, or whatever it is that triggers the cramps.

Other than that, life is good.  The jeans I bought a few weeks ago are too big, and my brag-whine about that didn't sit well with Lee, who's stalled at 206ish.  He doesn't eat full-on paleo, and he won't give up breaded stuff and gravy and even sandwiches - and he'll admit that.  Perhaps reminding him that he's not being all that strict with eating right was untactful this morning - apparently he did not sleep for a 3-hour stretch of the wee hours.  His excuse is that he's on the road a lot right now for work.  True, but it is possible to eat pretty well on the road - there have been some stretches of road time where I actually lost weight (e.g., the funeral - and I didn't eat all that well that weekend either).  I feel for him, though - I thought I would never see the end of the evil number 162.2.

More sewing this weekend - even more important now after my wardrobe evisceration Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment