Thursday, August 5, 2010

Muffled painful groans, interrupted by yawning

I am tired - at least, I think that's what it is.  The leg - my left leg, which seems to be the usual culprit - had me out of bed three times last night, I think, and not in a subtle way any of them.  The first one was around 10:30, the next an hour later, and the last at 4:30, which was really dirty pool, if you ask me - one hour before the alarm was to go off.  And I spent the hour rolling carefully from side to side, trying to get back to sleep without the full body, scalp-to-toes stretch that I desperately needed, and that would have turned my damned left leg into a snarl akin to badly cast fishing line.  So when I did get up, I was a limp rag, barely able to function.  My back hurts and I have no strength.

That said, I did lose one-fifth of a pound, so I'm at 159.6 this morning. And after a Mexican dinner, that's definitely in the "could be worse" category.  Because we ate the chips, and I had some refried beans and rice as well.  And I remembered (don't think I can say discovered) that chile rellenos can come "soft," basically wrapped in an omelette, rather than crispy, which involves won-ton wrappers.  So I had some that way - and they were pretty good (I still prefer crispy).  I wish the chips had been enough carbs to keep me from leaching potassium, though.

I think I'm going to increase my calories for a while - I guess by having 3 meals instead of two.  I know I'm not eating a huge amount and I think my energy level is down as a result.

One other thing.  I read through all the past posts here yesterday, and about every third one is bemoaning a possible stall or setback.  Yet I've lost 31.8 pounds since Easter, stalls and setbacks included.  So maybe I should stop whining about the rate of progress and just talk about what I'm doing and the related effects. 

Yeah, that'll happen.  Until I stay put at one weight for more than 2 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment