Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1st

Wow - I guess August wasn't never-ending after all.  It's starting to cool down but hasn't really dug in thoroughly, leaving me spending a lot of the night playing with the temperature - pull the covers up, throw them off, turn on the mattress pad, turn it off, etc.  Pretty restless stuff.  Maybe that's what is leading to my being awake enough to stretch out my legs and cause the resulting cramps.  Which I had last night, although they were mellower than the last bout - more like what I was experiencing in early June.  But I'm still jumping out of bed to stretch them out, so mellow isn't that much of an improvement.  And, I'm sorry to say, I had a glass of wine last night after dinner, and a bunch of dried strawberries, and neither of those seemed to keep the cramps at bay.  Bummer.  I guess I'll just deal with them.

I'm back at 155.4 this morning, so I think the monthly water gain has subsided.  My fingers are still a bit swollen, though, so maybe there's more.  What with undersleep and a bit of water-weight achiness and some abdominal cramps that radiate to my lower back and make my hamstrings all clumsy, I feel rather crappy this morning.  We ran out of salmon oil this morning, so I cracked open the krill oil and took those instead - we'll see if a course of that stuff is any better at battling the routine aches and pains.  I know that I can always tell if I skip the salmon oil for a couple of days (usually weekends) because one of my thumbs will get a bit achy - nothing like they used to be, mind you, but just enough to remind me that there is some arthritis there.

Biz has reintroduced bread into her eating.  I rather wish she hadn't, because I'm convinced, after reading GCBC and a lot of the stuff on Whole Health Source, that it really isn't all that good for us.  I may suggest that she stick to sourdough (wish I knew if all commercial sourdough is fermented or not) and still keep it to a minimum.  She was eating this way more for weight loss than anything, and that stalled for her about a month ago (she never got with the program 100%), so she's less bought into it than I am.  Hopefully the bread thing won't last too long or become too large a part of her diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment