Thursday, September 16, 2010

Whoa.

In getting dressed this morning, I realized (by lapping the open waistband of my pants some 6-7 inches in order to see what a proper fit would be) that my size 16 chinos may be on their last gasp.  The mirror is not friendly when I'm wearing these, and because the waistband droops to sit on my hips, they end up being too long, besides looking like clown pants.  So I thought I would go look at LL Bean (the only known source of ordinary chino pants for women) to see what size I should order the replacements in.

Currently, give or take a bit, my waist measures about 30" and my hips about 40".  I went to their sizing charts.  Size 12 (where I thought I might be able to squeeze in) is sized for a 31" waist and a 41" hip.  All well and good; that would seem to be my likely size, then.  But my eyes strayed just a bit to the left, and I thought I was seeing things.  At 29-1/2" waist and 39-1/2" hips, I could fit into a size (the mind boggles) 10.

I recall wearing a size 10 in college.  Not since.  Good gracious!

Maybe I'll wait about 1/2" or so.  I could put some tucks in the current pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment