Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27th

So when I weighed myself yesterday morning and saw 152.2, I was really excited about what I could post this morning, because I had behaved myself beautifully on Saturday and had every expectation of doing so on Sunday, despite the fact that we were eating with family that did not necessarily eat the way we do.  And I did behave well yesterday - scrambled eggs with cremini mushrooms, turkey, and mozzarella, and a couple of strips of real bacon for breakfast, 3 naked hot dogs for lunch, and the contents of 2 stuffed shells, a giant salad, a glass of wine, lots of water, and a single scoop of vanilla ice cream for dinner.

The result?  I'm at 153.6 this morning.  Part of it's hormonal, I get that.  But I must have had something that disagreed with me, because my stomach is unhappy this morning.

Whatever.  I'm quite sure it's all water and will go away shortly.  Other notes from the weekend:
  • I tried on not one but 2 pair of size 10 jeans on Saturday and they fit well enough that I bought a pair (mail order to get the right length).  I don't think I've worn a 10 since college.  And, as a corollary, my chinos, that I was able to resuscitate a few months ago after they'd been packed away as too small, are way too big - I'm still wearing them, out of frugality, but they're clown pants.  As are the size 14 jeans I bought when - last month, maybe?  I had them on Saturday without a belt - bad move! - and was walking on the back hems and had to keep hiking them up.  So I'll be glad to see that mail order package arrive!
  • Commercially produced ice cream - Dreyers or Breyers all-natural - was so sweet as to be nearly inedible.  I think my heavy cream habit has spoiled me, because I was expecting that flavor plus some vanilla and a hint of sweetness, and I got sweetness and a hint of vanilla, and almost none of the cream flavor at all.  I ate the scoop, but next time, I may just opt out of dessert.  And at any family events I host, we're offering fruit and cheese along with whatever the main dessert might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment