Saturday, September 4, 2010

September 4th

I did not leap out of bed once last night.  Woke up and repositioned my left leg to forestall a cramp, but I don't think that counts.  And got a token 0.2 pound loss to boot.  We ate at White Fence Farm yesterday for dinner - had turkey, a little dressing, a little mashed potatoes, a little cranberry sauce, all of the bean salad, half of the cottage cheese, and, yes, two (small) corn fritters.  So I'm feeling kinda good about having lost weight at all overnight - that was pretty carby.  Plus, I ate lunch, sort of - went to Taste of Colorado with Beth and got some sirloin skewer thing at La Fondue, which was pretty good.  

This weekend will be a lot of hard labor (fitting, what?).  We need to weed a lot of the yard - got some of that done already - and clean up after the dogs, who I devoutly hope are over their illness now - and clean out various freezes and fridges, and other stuff.  Three days, at the end of which I hope the house is pretty well set up for fall.  And if I eat reasonably well, I should have energy for all of it, and maybe will weigh less than 155.2 by Tuesday morning.

From the conversation with Beth yesterday, it sounds like she's looking to lose some weight.  But very wedded to the conventional wisdom; not sure I can sway her to eat fat to lose fat (and fix or improve her type II diabetes and other health issues).  She's a good friend; I'm very tempted to try.  But what we're doing seems so counter-cultural these days that I'm very wary of pushing it on others - for that reason and to avoid being perceived as a salt-water saleswoman...

No comments:

Post a Comment