Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7th

I think today is my late Grandfather's birthday.  I typed the date and it looked familiar, and I had to stop and think about it for a minute.

Um, diet.  After a 3-day weekend, all spent at home (or out running errands, but not a road weekend), I'm net down 0.2 pounds from Friday - so the same as I was on Saturday morning.  I'm still packing some water - my fingers are stiff and swollen, anyway - so it may actually be lower.  I ate well - that is to say, I avoided carbs for the most part, except a bit of wine here and there.  Only ate when I was hungry or bored (always an issue), but since I stayed on fats and proteins even when bored, it didn't do anything bad. 

We had a meatloaf last night for dinner, and I have no way of making a good meatloaf without a few breadcrumbs, so I used a bit.  I can't say that they're to blame, but I had a lot of digestive stuff over the evening - gas and some rumbling and discomfort, and the taste of onions in my throat - I put in some onion, but certainly no more than I would with taco meat or something.  Anyway, it didn't sit as well as I would have liked, although it tasted pretty darn good - as did the cauliflower mashed with boursin and parmesan cheese and nutmeg.

Saturday I was super productive - I weeded, including spraying the driveway, cleaned out the vegetable garden some, steam cleaned the carpet, did laundry, stuffed the duvet in the duvet cover for the winter season, and probably more than that.  All while being "tired" - probably stiff and achy from bad sleep the night before.  I chalk it up to the way we're eating. 

Oh, and despite the fact that I had almost no vitamins all weekend and kept the carbs to a minimum, I had very few leg cramp issues - none at all last night, as a matter of fact.  So I knocked my potassium back to a single tablet per day and will see how it goes.  Hopefully, we've really got over the adaptation hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment