Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8th

Got up this morning after a rough night that did NOT include leg cramps (and a day's food that included eggs, turkey bacon, steak with butter, tomatoes, green beans, chocolate almonds, wine, and cheese - and only 1 potassium), to find that I'd randomly lost another pound.  154.2 this morning.  Not bad.  And I did my measurements for body fat and am down to 26% even.  I am still startled by what I see in the mirror - not sure I want to get complacent about that, honestly.  But it's all good.

Heard yesterday that a friend of ours has been going full on with this way of eating, and has lost 67 pounds in the first month.  He was extremely obese to start with, so the magnitude of the loss was probably pretty normal.  I'm really glad for him - he's been having some health issues and I suspect that this change will clear them up. 

And then there was the kid I saw this morning, crossing a street in front of me as I was driving to work.  Probably a Junior High student if I had to guess.  Probably weighs 250.  The fake foods and bad advice are killing an entire generation.  I felt awful for him because I'm sure his mom was doing the best she could to feed him right, and that was the result.  He was just plodding along - probably exhausted from carrying all that weight (he had a backpack, but I am quite sure it wasn't contributing but a mite).  I wonder if things will ever change, now?  The new eating guidelines released this year were the same-old, same-old.  And all the cage-free eggs advertise 100% vegetarian diet for the chickens, like that's a good thing.

And I have lost 37.2 pounds since Easter without being hungry or feeling deprived, and improved my health to boot, by doing the opposite of what is recommended by the government.  All while avoiding artificial diet aids or salt water or any other snake oil that's out there (and there's a lot).  This is not rocket science.  The problem is, the current dietary conventional wisdom isn't science at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment