Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28th

Lost a chunk of the weight that was there yesterday, as expected - back to 152.8.  And fasting got whatever was bugging my stomach to stop.  I had a very minor near-cramp overnight (left leg, did you have to ask?), but was able to head it off by moving a bit - didn't have to get out of bed and stomp it off.  I am thinking that we've crested the issue on cramping and may finally be on the downhill side.  Because I've been down to just 1 potassium tablet a day for quite a while, and it definitely hasn't got worse.  So, yeah.

I'm tending to think that I'm going to settle somewhere in the low 150s, maybe the high 140s once everything sorts itself.  Which is fine.  Size 10-12ish for stuff, quite normal - and quite available in flattering clothing.  And healthy.  Despite the neck-ache I have this morning from sleeping on it funny over the weekend, I feel remarkably "bien dans ma peau", as French Women Don't Get Fat says.

This odyssey has been so amazingly easy for me - for once.  Usually, it's Lee who drops weight without effort.  But I feel so free - I don't want donuts or cookies or bread or candy; I prefer dark chocolate and cheese and meat and some veg and fresh berries.  I just don't see myself being even tempted to go back to "normal" eating, and the last time I lost substantial weight, once the Peachtree was done, I stopped with the calorie tracking and the daily workouts and all that stuff, and the pounds came back.  But there's nothing to stop, this time.

There was an article about Drew Carey in the paper over the weekend - he's apparently lost around 100 pounds in the past year, but by doing low-fat, low-calorie, ever-vigilant eating.  And what he described was just so hard!  And he says he's committed to keep doing it for the rest of his life, but that's so much energy to devote to something that should be natural, instinctive.

This is better.  I wish more people knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment