Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wednesday

Apparently, I'm still in ketosis. That is, if ketosis is the cause of wacky leg cramps. Wow. Last night was brutal, although I feel rested this morning. Around 1 am, I got a cramp in my left leg (always the left leg for the weird ones). Stomped that one out, went back to sleep. It moved a bit, from my calf muscle to the muscles on the outside of my ankle - the ones I don't really know how to release. Was up walking around twice trying to get that one to release, and when it didn't, I applied heat, and went right back to sleep. After that, I think it fired in my calf one more time, not really waking me up, and the next thing I knew, it was nearly 5:30 am. 

157.6 this morning. So I lost a lot of water, I guess. The cramping is certainly consistent with electrolyte imbalance from that sort of thing. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • almonds - probably a lot, throughout the day
  • cheese (regular cheddar) - 5-6 pieces over lunch/dinnertime
  • white meat from a roast chicken
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • 2 milk chocolates with almonds
That was it. I managed to stay out of the cashews, and while I would have preferred to have only had one chocolate, it's better than the 4 or so I had one of the weekend days. 

We're going to a restaurant opening for dinner today. No idea what the cuisine is, so I may grab a couple of pieces of cheese beforehand, just in case, and aim for the veggies there. Some time this week, we're having spaghetti squash with browned butter and mizithra cheese, and burger patties, but not tonight. I also have smoked sausage and sauerkraut for a no-prep meal. I'm hoping those things will keep us from eating out the rest of the week. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment