Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday

"Sleep, that knits up the raveled sleave of care..." If only. Last night, one of our dogs was dissatisfied with sleeping in a crate, and we let all 3 of them out for the night. Turns out all we really needed to do was let him go outside (which, of course, we did not do - oops), but he slept between us, and I woke up at 4 am with him pressing heavily into the small of my back. For a smallish dog, he can generate a lot of pressure in that way. Anyway, I got a solid 6 hours before that point, and that will have to do. Now I just need to get over the headache...

157.0 this morning. I guess what I'm seeing is a slowish reaction to the bad eating last weekend - a spike, followed by the slow loss of whatever it was - water, certainly, at the least. Anyway, I'm glad to see that reversion to the mean in my case is a decrease, not an increase. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • bacon
  • almonds
  • cheese - 5 pieces, I think
  • two handfuls of cashews (overall less than a half-cup)
  • a "heritage pork" porterhouse - really thick bone-in chop, quite tasty, with apples and pomegranate glaze
  • brussels sprouts - not roasted, but still good
  • 4 french fries fried in duck fat
  • a glass of fairly dry Chardonnay
  • 2 milk chocolates with almonds
Dinner was big - also late. So of course, I went to bed mildly hungry. We were being guinea pigs for a new restaurant - I think it opens Friday. Never done that before. The food was very good, although one member of our party thinks she got food poisoning, which wasn't so great. Anyway, the whole meal appeared either Paleo or Paleo-able. Though I didn't inquire about other cooking fats. 

I think I have a job. Haven't seen the details yet, nor formally accepted an offer, but if nothing goes sideways, I will. Don't know if that will increase or decrease my stress levels. At least initially, it should decrease my annoyance levels. And it will get me out of the house. Definitely a good thing, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment