Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday

And,... up. 156.8 this morning. Water, I guess. We had a fairly salty day yesterday, as will be shown below.

Late-ish night last night, for work. Got to bed around 10:45, I think. To sleep shortly after 11. And pretty much stayed that way, although I know there was a point where I was trying hard (and succeeding) to stave off a leg cramp without getting up. Woke up for good at 5:58 am. Really, not too bad. Much better than it was last year. 

I was reading some other writing I'd done over the past 3 years, never posted anywhere, and cannot believe how miserable I was - probably, we were. Not sleeping, undeclared fighting with my brother's family, a lot of resentment, aches and pains, and work stress. Also, menopause. As things stand now, I still have a touch of menopause, which mostly seems to be there to destroy my hair as soon as I have it dried properly, by making my head and neck sweat profusely. Apart from that, I am feeling a lot better. Work is annoying, but it's not getting to me, because I know it's nearing an end of some sort. With us not on the spot to witness it, with them in California to boot, I'm not being bothered by any issues with my brother, or with my parents because of how they defer to him. 

I don't know how much of that stuff had to do with my weight struggles over that period, after I'd lost so much to start with, so easily, but despite this morning's numbers, I do feel much more in the groove right now, with the misery lifted a lot. I should probably do some thinking about what got me into that mindset, and how I might avoid it in the future. Valuable for my ongoing health, I think. And on brief thought, right now, it seems like adequate sleep has been critical in effecting the change. Back then, the entries are all about exhaustion and Benadryl and RedBull and wanting to curl up and weep, with the rest piling on top of that. For whatever reason, we've been able to sleep better here, so far. I hope it continues.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • cashews - 1/2 cup and another handful later
  • 2 almonds
  • a handful of peanuts
  • 2 pieces of cheese
  • beef-vegetable soup - about 3 cups, I think
  • 2 squares of Lindt 85% chocolate
  • a small portion of potato chips
That was it. Salt in pretty much all of it, which is why I'm thinking we're looking at water. Probably not enough protein, either, which triggered the chips. I should probably work on increasing that today. Maybe some deli meat at lunchtime.

Party to meet the neighbors after dinner. No idea what dinner will be; I should probably figure that out. Maybe meatballs and spaghetti sauce, since it's quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment