Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday

Ugh. For some reason, I completely forgot about doing this on Friday; 157.8 then; 158.2 or 158.4 this morning. No surprise; I ate Mexican - and bad-for-me Mexican - yesterday at lunchtime, despite not being hungry. Lee gets weird if he's hungry and I'm not, so I ate. Very annoying, really. 

Anyway, I need to take a look at the weeks around our New Orleans jaunt, because I was on a downward trend then, and I'm not now, and something has changed. Obviously, it could be hormones, it could be setpoint defense of some sort, who knows?

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon (1 piece)
  • pork sausage patties (2)
  • a couple of stabs at the cashews - maybe 3/4 cup total. Damn them.
  • 2 chocolates with almonds
  • chips and queso
  • chicken taquitos (3 halves, 1" diameter)
  • salad with meat in it, Olive Garden dressing
  • a piece of cheddar
That was it. I've so very obviously not solved my issue with vegetables, and I was boredom eating for part of the day. That, despite a morning spent painting a bathroom, and some work on our table centerpieces for the Mardi Gras King's luncheon.

I had a very productive weekend. Got the bathroom painted - over 2 days, because it involves 3 colors of paint (and while the paint is done for this phase, I will be painting over it shortly with similarly tinted metallic paint. It's complicated.) I also lined 3 skirts, which task has been on my to-do list since last Christmas, basically (about the time I finished making them without lining), and fixed another one whose hook had been caught and ripped off by our old dryer. Apparently, I also ate badly. 

Lee's diverticulitis seems to be on the ebb, thank goodness. He's sleeping better, and I've been sleeping better since Friday (probably the reason I forgot to write here was that I'd been awake since 1:30 am and was seriously dysfunctional). The past couple of days, I've been waking up around 4:30-4:45 am, which is in the 7-8 hour range, and maybe just what I naturally need. I have pretty good energy during the day, anyway.

Not much else to report. I'll be re-reading those entries from a couple of weeks ago, to see if I can figure out what's different, and if it's to do with eating, revert to what I was doing then. And we might be able to get walks in later in this week, if the gastro doc says it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment