Thursday, October 8, 2015


I am not yet willing to say that I'm on a downward trend, weight-wise, but this morning, I saw 155.6. Not sure I've seen that this year before - I got down below it last summer for a while, but it was pulling teeth to do it, and didn't stick. This time, I'm in "flow" with eating VLC - and to some extent, not just C for Carbs but C for Calories - and things seem to be working rather like they did 5 years ago. But I'm being vigilant this time, and working hard at avoiding the sugar, in particular.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements (back to 2000 IU of D3, since the cold seems to be ebbing away)
  • 1/2 cup of cashews
  • chef's salad with ham, chicken, cheese, blue cheese dressing
  • 2 pieces of Kerrygold
  • 1 piece of milk chocolate with almonds
Really short list. In addition, I did a late afternoon interview on nothing but bacon and cashews, both eaten several hours earlier, and had a lot of energy. So that's good.

After reading an email from the Bulletproof folks about earthing, I have made a couple of excursions to the lawn in my bare feet. No idea how long one is supposed to maintain contact for it to work, and I don't know if I would have felt worse without doing it. I did it Saturday morning, and again Monday and yesterday. On the latter two, my primary impression had to do with the quantity of acorns more than anything else - we have a big oak tree in the back yard. In general, the concept makes sense to me, but it could definitely just be a big dose of snake oil, too. Benign, though.

Sleep last night was patchy. I woke up sometime after 2 am, thinking it was 5, and put the radio on for what I thought would be an hour or so until the alarm went. When it started playing something that comes on at 3, I woke up enough to take a look at the clock again, and was surprised. And went back to sleep right away. I think I also had a leg cramp, but must say that they're REALLY not interrupting my sleep just now.

Making soup with grassfed beefstock this morning, in the crock pot. Sorry to say that the stock didn't gel, so I don't know how much dissolved collagen we got out of the bones. The fat cap on the refrigerated stock was crazy yellow, though, so they were good bones. And it smelled a bunch better than stock from conventionally-raised bones does. Much beefier. Not sure why. Anyway, that'll be dinner tonight, maybe with a small salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment