Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday

Day 2 of my own personal challenge - currently, the structure for it is in place for a week-long thing, but if I manage 1 week, I'll go for 2. I guess it's going okay. We got to the gym all weekend, which is a very good thing. Shoot, I managed a sub-11:00 mile yesterday; best time since I started logging walks on the Nike Running app.

158.0 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon-cheese omelet with pork green chile on it, and sour cream
  • a very few chunks of potato
  • 2 pieces of cheddar
  • broccoli cheese soup (the Fat Fast recipe)
  • walnuts
  • 2 dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  • pot roast
  • potatoes and carrots
  • a single-serve cup of Strawberry Haagen Dasz
  • 1 tsp honey
If I had to do it over again, I'd have punted on the potatoes, maybe, and I would have been stronger about the chocolate. Otherwise, a pretty good eating day.

Sleep? um, yeah. I'm trying. I'm mostly failing again. No good night all weekend - figures, now that I'm done with the doctor's appointment. Last night, I did the "deep sleep" track on the brainwave app twice, then listened to a historical one-hour playlist, at the end of which I think I did drift off. Woke up some time later and put on iHeartRadio for a one-hour snooze, drifted back off (quickly enough that I can't tell you either what time it was or what was on). Woke up some time later and finding it was off, turned it on again and drifted in and out from then until 5:18, when I woke up for good. Bad about the night: that I kept waking up. Hot flashes this time, I believe. Good: that I generally fell back asleep quickly. And pretty deeply - at least once, I woke up and found one of my hands asleep, which means I was stuck in one position for fairly long. No dreams - not even the recollection that I was dreaming. That's not good. Anyway, I guess if you add it all up, I probably got just barely over 7 hours. Ugh. I'm not too bad this morning, so it was at least somewhat effective. But I think a Benadryl night is in my near future.

I had an invitation to do the Peachtree again this summer. I'm seriously considering it. But it would be for fun only; I'll do the Bolder Boulder for time. Speaking of which, I plan to get into the gym again tonight, even if I have to go alone. I think we're doing cheese-egg crust pizza for dinner tonight. And I have more broccoli soup for lunch. And strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment