Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tuesday

I took Benadryl last night. And did the "deep sleep" track on the brainwave app. And woke - albeit briefly - before midnight. Persistent, isn't it? Anyway, I am a bit groggy this morning - medicine head - but feel more rested than I have in a while, so that's good.

158.0 again this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • 2 Primal Palate egg custards with bacon and mushrooms and cheese in
  • Fat Fast broccoli cheese soup
  • macadamia nuts
  • about 10 strawberries
  • chips and salsa and guac
  • 3-stack flat cheese enchiladas (i.e., 3 tortillas)
  • 1 tsp honey
Short list, great start, poor dinner choices. After a workout, for what that's worth; I hope some of the carbs made it into muscles looking to top off their glycogen.
Instead of lowish-carb pizza for dinner, I convinced Lee to go to REI so I could try on some other models of Vibrams before buying them online (he was looking for sandals, so it wasn't all about me), and we ate out. I could have said no to Mexican, but I didn't.

This was all after the gym; I did another 2-mile walk in an average under 12:00/mile, so that's a good thing. In the wrong shoes, though - the seam (I think) is rubbing the bottom of my heel and I nearly got a blister. I'd already made up my mind to get the new shoes in time to get them comfy for the Bolder Boulder, but that cemented the deal - the newer of my current Vibrams are great to schlepp around in, but not at all good for racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment