Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday

159.6 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • a slice of deli roast beef
  • 3 pieces of aged gouda
  • macadamia nuts
  • a bag of M&Ms
  • meatballs in brown gravy with sour cream
  • several pieces of cheddar
  • 1 square Lindt 85% chocolate
I think that was it. I made a cup of the gravy and poured it over the meatballs, but only ate what stuck to them - the rest was either given to the dogs for breakfast or poured out. Obviously the M&Ms were a bad move - boredom/stress eating on my part, definitely. 

I also went on a walk for 2+ miles at a reasonable pace, before dinner. Left me a bit lightheaded and hungrier than I was expecting. Don't know if that was a post-sugar thing or what, but I ate a lot of things trying to get out of it. I guess that's where the most recent half-pound came from.

It seems possible that, without my complete consent, I've given up sleep for lent. Partly a dog issue last night - she wanted out at 10-something and 12:45 am - but I still awoke at 2:10 am and was definitely still working on getting back to sleep at 4. The radio appears not to be the way to go. Aspirin was what ultimately helped last night, I think - toward the 4 timeframe, my toes were throbbing.  

Tonight's plan? Check the dog's glucose BEFORE dinner (it dropped to a dangerous level last night after her shot, and probably contributed to her wanderings), and have aspirin and water at bedside. See if that helps. Maybe take the aspirin at bedtime to start with.

Had cheddar (2 oz) for breakfast along with supplements (noticed some incipient foot cramps last night and thought I'd better get electrolytes); have Gouda (3 oz) and grapes at work. I hope that combo keeps me out of the machines today. I plan to repeat the walk tonight - weather should be better than yesterday as well - and maybe do 30 minutes of stress reduction brainwave entrainment this evening. Maybe. Something is not right, and there doesn't seem to be much I can do to put it right. Very dispiriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment