Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday

On Saturday morning, I weighed 157.2. We ate Chinese for dinner Saturday night. On Sunday morning, I weighed 159.2. This morning, 158.8. Think I'm going to be avoiding Chinese food for a while.

Got in a walk Friday evening and yesterday morning; we had too much else going on Saturday to get one done, but I did some gardening. I finally got some new Vibrams that both fit and lace up, and wore them on yesterday's walk - very comfortable and I think they'll work well on a 10K. I'll be wearing them a lot for the next couple of months. I hope to get a walk in tonight, but with Lee leaving in the morning for 2 weeks, I'm not sure it'll happen. Tomorrow, though...

So, here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • egg, bacon, tomato, and cheese frittata
  • half an avocado
  • a large bunch of grapes
  • a quantity of strawberries - probably 8-10 of them
  • string cheese
  • 3-4 tortilla chips with salsa
  • 2 handfuls of cashews
  • pork roast
  • a glass of wine
  • green beans
  • fruit salad with mayonnaise dressing
  • potatoes with cream of celery soup and cheese
  • chocolate ice cream
Not a great day. We had dinner with my parents, and politeness outweighs health for a single dinner. At least the sugar I consumed before then was encapsulated in fruit. In any event, it's probably obvious that my ketosis at night was Negative.

No breakfast today. The dogs wanted out twice over night, waking Lee up fully both times, me only the latter - but my waking lasted until well past 4 (starting at 2:10). I've got string cheese and the last of my 4 pounds of strawberries with me to eat, and I had a Red Bull on the way to work. I will survive the day, but it may be a struggle.

Starting tomorrow, I won't call it a Whole 30 or Primal Challenge or anything like that, but I will be the master of my fate as far as diet is concerned. Going to stash the temptation foods somewhere weird so I won't see them and would have to go out of my way to eat them. Not going out to dinner - which by itself may be key to any success I might have. Going to eat a lot of salads. Probably going to skip breakfast, simply because it's too hard when I'm on my own with 5 hungry animals every morning. And I'm going to get walks in - even if short ones - every damn day unless it's blizzarding. So help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment