Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday

So we went to the gym last night. I used one of my slower racewalk playlists, and got in just over a mile. Over the weekend, I did something to my quads or hip flexors - not sure which - and moving at speed hurts quite a bit. I hope that moving a mile at speed was enough to start the loosening up process a little - I don't feel any pain or stiffness unless I'm trying to bring a leg forward quickly from the back planted position in racewalking, so I can't tell.

Anyway, we got home, I was cold during the evening and read a book (not electronics), went to bed with the sub-lingual melatonin, and while I recall being briefly awake in the middle of the night, I don't know what time it was, I didn't have to resort to my iPod to get back to sleep, and the next thing I knew, the alarm was going off. I will be going back to the gym tonight, I believe, even if only to walk a mile. Probably after dinner, since Lee has a meeting of some sort at 6, which means eating early.

158.8 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • strawberries
  • string cheese
  • macadamias
  • cheddar cheese
  • chef's salad with blue cheese dressing
  • single-serve Haagen-Dasz strawberry
That was it. The ice cream was the only problem, and I only ate it because Lee brought it out to me already unwrapped; I don't think I would have gone after it myself. Trace ketosis at bedtime.

Stress load is up today. We found out that both our dogs now have Cushing's disease, requiring medicine that, added up, will run us between $400 and $500 per month. Work is dispiriting, and it took me an hour and a half of driving to get to the job today. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday so I can work from home (but with the dogs, who are being treated for lice and can't go back to day camp for 6 weeks). I need someone to leave me several million dollars so I can take some time for myself. That won't be happening, though, so I just keep going. I may listen to the stress reduction thingie on my phone; maybe that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment