Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday

So, I'm headed to the doc this afternoon, to discuss my extended symptoms of menopause, and make sure they're not something else. And, of course, over the week leading from making the appointment to now, my sleep has slowly gotten less awful, the lingering cold (temperature, that is) seems to be gone, and I'm not as draggy as I have been for so long. Go figure.

Nonetheless, I'm going in with my list, because sure as shooting, it will all come back. And I want someone else's eye over all of it, to make sure I'm not overlooking something I should be paying attention to.

158.2 this morning - guess that's down a bit from yesterday, but I feel bulgy just now. I spent some time yesterday putting some structure in place to run my own challenge - using Evernote instead of Vimify. Basically the same as the PB challenge - eating, sleeping, sun, movement being the key elements - in a hope to get out from under a nasty sugar addiction that I seem to have brought back from New Orleans. Not that all this working from home helps much - the proximity to food is very unhelpful. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • string cheese (3)
  • 2 dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  • cashews
  • green chile with cheese
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • strawberry ice cream (Haagen-Dasz single serving cup)
  • 1 tsp honey
Definitely an improvement from earlier this week, but not where I want to be. And I did a keto-stick last night - negative.

So, sleep. Second day in a row where I used the progesterone cream after dinner. Just that and the honey - and a couple of aspirin at bedtime. I did the brainwave app, spent a few moments in thought, and was out cold for about 1-1/2 hours. Woke just before 11 in a pool of sweat - apparently slept through one or two hot flashes without so much as twitching. Put the pillow speaker on for an hour, and was back out cold before I could even pay attention to the sound. Next woke up at 3:30 needing to go to the bathroom - and if that hadn't been the case, I think I might not have awakened. Dealt with that, put the radio on again, and the next thing I knew, it was about 5:25. The waking definitely disrupts sleep cycles, meaning that I'm having to start the process of getting to sleep 3 times in one night, not once, but I'm not laying around, stewing about being awake, for hours on end, and I'm starting to feel more rested. I will be asking the doc about bio-identical progesterone in other forms, and whether she thinks I'd be better off with trans-dermal or pills, but for now, this combination seems to be working for me - and seriously, getting away from the melatonin supplements, as well as the Benadryl, feels very like a victory. I sure hope it continues to work.

Finally, got to the gym again last night. 2 miles, a little slower average pace, because I used my other racewalk playlist and it appears to be slower. I feel pretty good this morning. And (another win) interested in getting out to the gym again tonight, as well.

1 comment:

  1. Just when I thought I couldn’t love you more, you did that. Thank you for being so amazing!

    ReplyDelete