Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday

This week is getting away from me. In a way, that's good; the weekend arrives sooner after all. However, I keep thinking it's yesterday, and that could mean that I forget to take my laptop home tomorrow and can't work from home on Friday.

Pretty tired this morning. Sleep last night was broken a lot, starting at 11 something, and utterly demolished around 4 am. I need to buy an actual pocket radio; I was going to listen to streaming AM radio on my iPad at 4 only to find our cable (which governs our phones and internet) was out. I know this because I got up and jiggered the cable modem and WAP around trying to get connected to something. I would have been better off reading.

156.0 this morning, with a lot of yesterday's water gone. Apparently I ate quite well last week (!!!). Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • macadamia nuts
  • roast chicken
  • salad with a Greek-style vinaigrette
  • 2 squares of Lindt 85%
  • 1 tsp honey
A pretty short list. I was a little hungry at bedtime, but not enough to do anything about, and quite hungry at 4 am. Of course, at breakfast, I wasn't hungry at all. I've been reading a lot about circadian rhythm entrainment on Calories Proper, and it sounds to me like I need to be waking naturally (not likely this time of year), getting bright sunlight as soon after that as possible (maybe a light box in the shower?), eating my main meal at breakfast, and getting a pretty long fast between dinner and breakfast.  The light and natural waking are supposed to be the biggies, but the food timing should help. So I'm trying to avoid snacking at night, and hoping that my honey won't blow it all out of the water. These days, sleep is my big concern. Sleep and lengthening my hip flexors to allow me to stand more comfortably. I did some foam rolling on my psoas and iliacus muscles last night - tricky to do, and mildly painful - maybe not as much as I would have expected. I will keep it up - and I will be using my standing desk as much as I can manage while at work.

I think we're going to the gym tonight - if Lee's feet permit. He was having a lot of foot pain while we were in New Orleans, which isn't a great thing in a place where we walk a lot. Doctor yesterday, and they think it's arthritis, but he also had x-rays to confirm, so they may tell a different story. We can do some useful stuff for arthritis with diet - I added Turmeric to his morning vitamins today - but if he has a broken bone somewhere, he won't be going to the gym - at least, not to walk. They were suggesting swimming and/or biking as alternates, so maybe he does that and I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment